Icon

It is the representation of the Holy Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – crowning Mary. The original image, measuring 30 cm , was carved in wood by artist Veiga Valle around 170 years ago. Today it can be seen by devotees at the altar of the Divine Eternal Father, via the ramp to visit the image at the Sanctuary Basilica.
The icon is a reproduction of the printed figure on the medallion found in 1840 by the couple Constantino Xavier and Ana Rosa, in the then Barro Preto region, today called Trindade. At the Sanctuary Basilica, the beautiful medallion lies guarded in a secret location.

Hover the photo for more details: